Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Saints vs. Vikings, 1978

Sunday, September 3rd, 1978...that was the very day I became a New Orleans Saints fan. It was the first time my father took me to see the Saints play in the Superdome. They were pitted against the mighty Minnesota Vikings for the opening week of the 1978 season. I had just turned 7 years old, just started playing on my first organized football team, and somehow entered the Superdome that day as a fan of Fran Tarkenton and the Minnesota Vikings. Being an impressionable kid, the home crowd quickly had me doubting my allegience to the Vikings. And the very play that turned me into a Saints fan for the rest of my life was Tommy Myers' 97 yard interception return for a touchdown that sealed a 31-24 victory for the Saints...

No comments:

Post a Comment